Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Hello From Ohio


I live in Ohio now. Thats right, I haven't posted in a while, and a lot has happened in my life since then. Short story = I moved for work, and leaving everyone and everything back home was painful. I'll probably share more on this in future posts.

So here are some initial thoughts on Ohio........Its nice. Its not super, and not the greatest, but it is nice. I think I could learn to really like it here. I live in a two bedroom apartment that overlooks a pond with a water fountain in its middle. Very peaceful and calm. I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can sit on my second floor deck and sip tea and read at the end of the day.

Two things I already miss about the east coast (besides family and friends) are hoagies and pizza. They have them here, but it just isn't the same. I think that the mid-atlantic region has these culinary delights down pat. The versions here just don't compare. This is probably for the best anyway, because I absolutely need to eat less of these treats. One of the things I want to focus on while I am here is my fitness. Since I don't really have a social circle yet, I have lots of time to work on me. I don't know if that is selfish or not, but I think that one of the reasons God has provided this opportunity is for this very purpose. I intend to return to DE some day as a resident, and I want to look very different when that happens. Goals.....I must have goals....and I need to accomplish them.

Well, there are some thoughts today. I am really going to try to post more frequent. Please hold me to it if you don't see anything for a while. If this moving experience is anything, it is an opportunity to really have an adventure, and I want to strive to make it an adventure in worship.
RAV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know you're doing well, although you're certainly missed here in Delaware. :) -Keri