Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Great Quote From Michael Horton on the Resurgence Site

The below was take from TheResurgence.com blog post. Its a great quote from Dr. Horton.

We asked Dr. Michael Horton to answer a few questions for the Resurgence. One question was,

"What does your Bible time look like?"

Here's his answer:

For me, it looks like a sinful but faithful servant of the Lord (my pastor) absolving me of my sins through proclaiming God’s Word and giving me a good meal (bread and wine), as a foretaste of the marriage supper of the Lamb. In other words, my main Bible time is church every Lord’s Day, morning and evening. Then our family also has devotions: in the morning, my wife leads the kids through catechism and at dinner I’ve been walking them through the Bible, verse by verse, since they were 4. So now we’re in Proverbs! I’ve learned so much along with them just by doing this. My dad was never the leader of our home spiritually, so I’m working against my native instincts. The hardest part is carving out time for my own time with the Triune God. After all, my vocation gives me the privilege of being immersed in Scripture nearly every day! Yet that’s not the same as prayerful meditation—communicating with the Lord. And we all know how good we men are at “communicating.” Pray for me.

No comments: