Sunday, December 17, 2006

An Exhausting Week

I am tired. I have had a really busy week, and it seems that sometimes the weekends are just as busy. It is so easy this time of year to get caught up in festivities, or even serving the Lord. I tend to pack my days with so many "good things" that I crowd out down time. Down time isn't the only casualty of this crammed schedule. The routine things of life that give us structure get pushed to the side in favor of the festive or the perceived immediate need.

I have shared recently about my desire to exercise more and to avoid sugar. This needs to be routine, but as with many other things it hasn't even made it to "routine" yet It has suffered from my packed holiday schedule like some other important things in my life. My blog is another thing that has suffered. I want this to be routine (in a good way), but running to this place and that has left me mentally drained to the point that when I am home I just want to sleep or veg.

I need to be more disciplined with my decisions on what to do with my time. So all you prayer warriors out there, send one up for me on this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I know what you are talking about. Sometimes it is very hard to get all that I want to do accomplished. There are two things (in this order) that I insist on doing every day, I have to get up and do my devotions before I do anything else. The 2nd think is I do my exercise. I used to be an athiest and now I'm am a child of God. (I once was lost and now I am found)

I used to weigh 252 and I lost down to 184 and I have gained some of that back but am again going down hill.


I get up at 5:30 each morning so I can get those two important things in so I will have a grand start to my day.