Saturday, October 21, 2006

GRPC 20th Year Celebration Day 1

This weekend is my Church's 20th anniversary. I have attended for 11 of those years, although my routes with the congregation go back farther to a different church. It was a fun time, but not in your regular "we hung out" sort of Friday night event. It started with a dinner in the Family Life Center, and then we moved to the candle lit sanctuary. There our Music Minister put on a mini concert of piano music from his recent CD. It was quite and reflective, and for those who need to be entertained all the time, it probably bored them. I found it to be a refreshing time of just being spoken to by the music. It's a amazing the sound that can come from one instrument and the hands of a man. This makes me think of the detail that God built into his creation. The little things that add depth to life are so over looked in our everyday journey. Colors, sounds, smells, the little things that come together to create our experience in this world. It makes out lives 3 dimensional and allows us to experience God through the context of our senses.

 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Psalm 139:14

 

How often do I just forget to look at creation and know that the Lord was in those details? Gods fingerprints were in that piano last night, in the way that two or three notes played together created sounds that could make our hearts rise and fall. We didn't sings joyous songs, or get excited by drums and guitars, but I did praise God through that music last night. I'll blog more on our speaker (Dr. John Armstrong) and the things that he shared with us later today or tomorrow. I think he really threw done the gauntlet for our church. I can't wait to hear what Dr. Byan Chapell has to say tonight.

 

Bye for now.

RAV



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The music was indeed good.... I was soo tired though. If the seats were more comfortable.... It would havew been lights out for me.

Anonymous said...

Xanga Betrayer!