Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Harvey Cedars In A Nutshell

Ok I was able to locate my posts form the weekend (well not really, just the pics), so I thought I would reconstruct everything here to document what I could.
*********************************************************
Timeline 9:30 Thursday Night
So here is what the stage looked like when we arrived at 9:30pm Thursday night. Its a two level stage. Outside that door is the trailer full of sound equipment and other media paraphernalia. We had a half hour to unload before they locked this building (the chapel) up for the night. It took us about 20 minutes and then we went and got some food.

Here is a picture of Tony as he is setting up his drums. They sounded really good over the weekend. I love making music with Tony.

Here is a picture of some of the guys at TGI Fridays after we were done loading up. Its funny because we came back to the same table at the same restaurant on Firday for dinner before all the kids arrived. Thats Munchie closest to the camera In the background is Corrie and Jubie.


So we came back to Harvey Cedars and went to bed. All was well, until 5:58AM when I received a text message with the attached picture. It seems that a couple of our teens (who work at a coffee shop) were at work already and want to send me a picture of them in their Gilligans Island costumes. They were sad that I wasn't there to see them in person. They get really excited about dressing up at work.

Two minutes later at 6:00AM I got this picture. They apparently had had their coffee at this point and were happy. For those of you who haven't figured it out, meet Ginger, Mrs. Howell and Mary Ann.

Well after this I got up and showered. The Tony and Paulie and Peter and I (the guys in my room) went in search of Dunkin Donuts coffee, but could only find Wawa. That was fine, I drank two 24 oz. cups and was wired the rest of the day. We all met in the chapel at 9:30 and proceeded to set up. My good friend Jim Weaver (Pastor at Crossroads Presbyterian Church) always comes and leads leader devotions for the adults on this trip and I got to hang out with him and two of his daughters for a bit. Always nice to catch up with him.

We practiced some music and then as I mentioned earlier we went back to TGI Fridays and had the same waitress. After this we got back to HC and were waiting for everyone to show up. All the Church's showed by 9:30pm and we got things started. Below are some pictures taken that first night of kids in our group. Remember these were all taken with my phone. I am in the process of trying to get other pics and will add them as they come in.

It was a great weekend. The speaker (Matt Irvin) is a missionary to London with the Hindu community there. He spoke about our everyday calling to missions right here in our own back yard and around the world. He was very real and down to earth with the kids. I was very pleased that our kids were well behaved (mostly). The biggest snag was that the bus was late picking us up on Sunday. We were so ready to be home, but didn't actually get there until 5pm. Can't wait till next year.

Just a quick note to let you know that the one of the left aint no teen. Thats an adult (ha ha aha) . Anyway, check out her blog. She goes by FancyThis.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO an adult!!!!!!! I just don't act like it always!

Anonymous said...

I am SO an adult!!!! I just don't act like it all the time! ;)